I Hart beauty

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog with a new post every Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday

Thursday 27 August 2015

My new kitchen: Before, during and after!



Now first things first, sorry this has taken so long to put up but I had to wait ages for the plinths to be back in stock. It was so nearly finished but I wanted to wait and show you the end result and I have to say I am super pleased with the end result.


I bought my kitchen units and had it all fitted by Wickes. They come round free of charge and take measurements and design your kitchen on special software so you can see what it is going to look like. Originally, I was going to keep my tumble dryer which annoyingly doesn't come integrated without a vent (Stupid!) But after seeing this design I decided to get a washer/dryer so all of the appliances would be integrated and look super sleek. After designing the kitchen and paying a deposit  it was around five weeks until the kitchen transformation began.
I bought all of the appliances from ao.com as they worked out a lot cheaper and you can choose when they will be deliver right up to the room of your choice.

The whole process took nine days spread over two weeks except for the plinths being delayed it was very quick. This is something that is really important when you live in a tiny flat in London because this room is not only my kitchen but the living room/dining room too! The boxes were all delivered on the Thursday before work began on the Monday. I stuck down a floor protector (blue) as we wanted to keep the original flooring as it runs throughout the flat. Saying this- Wickes covered the kitchen area too to protect the floor whilst they were working.



Here is the journey day by day:
Day 0: Stuck down the floor protector and starting clearing the kitchen

Day 1: Ripping it all out!

Day 2&3: Plastering and electrics

Day 4: Assembling the units

Day 5:

Day 6: Appliances in!

Day 7:

Day 8: Painting (Done ourselves)

Day 9: Finished with Plinths!

I am so pleased with the end result. I have so much more storage space and the units now go right to the end of the wall. What do you think?

Thanks for reading

Katherine

xxx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Hart beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig