I Hart beauty

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog with a new post every Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday

Tuesday 20 October 2015

A capsule wardrobe experiment: Part One

I have so many clothes crammed into wardrobes, far more than the average person yet I've got nothing to wear?!? .... Sound familiar?
After reading Viviannadoesmakeup's post about a capsule wardrobe I went to check out Un-fancy's blog and knew I had to give it a go. 
Caroline recommends paring down your clothes into a 32 piece capsule wardrobe. These should include tops, bottoms, dresses, outerwear and shoes but not workout clothes, jewellery, accessories, purses, swimsuits, pjs, underwear.

Before starting this experiment I took inspiration from Caroline's outfits and bought a few new items to go in my capsule wardrobe:



Here are the items I bought:
Block colour sweater (Bigger than you expect, swapped for a size s)
Short jacket (Bigger than you expect, swapped for a size s)
Skirt

I think the problem before has been that a lot of my wardrobe doesn't interlink with each other. All the items I have here go together which gives me so many more outfit possibilities.
I have added these items to some I already own and have ended up with 32 items:
3 coats/jackets
4 chunky jumpers
2 cardigans
1 blazer/duster
5 thin knit jumpers
8 tops
2 skirts
2 dresses
5 jeans

I have decided not to include shoes in my capsule wardrobe as I found it quite difficult to pare down to 32 including shoes. I haven't included very posh dresses either e.g. prom dresses/ wedding attire as this really isn't worn very often at all.
On Saturday there will be a blog post with all of the 32 items in my capsule wardrobe so come back Saturday to see that post

Thanks for reading

xxx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Hart beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig