I Hart beauty

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog with a new post every Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday

Monday 2 February 2015

A Visit to Kiko

Today I went to the Kiko cosmetics store in Westfield Stratford City. I have been hearing a lot of good things about this brand from various bloggers (mainly Lily Pebbles!) and decided to pick up a few products to try for myself.

Here are a list of the products I purchased:
Kiko Products
(eyeshadow pencils listed from left to right)

  • Universal fit hydrating foundation 02 Light rose
  • Colour fever eyeshadow palette 101
  • Glamorous eye pencil 407
  • Glamorous eye pencil 403
  • Glamorous eye pencil 409
  • Glamorous eye pencil 402
  • Glamorous eye pencil 401
  • Long lasting stick 8 hour no-transfer eyeshadow 37






Kiko Universal fit hydrating foundation £6.90

foundation applied in an even coat
I purchased this foundation in the colour 02 light rose. Normally I wear NW20 in MAC or an Ivory shade in the Rimmel wake me up foundation. There are 20 shades to chose from for this particular product which I think is pretty impressive for an affordable make up range. I would say the foundation is a medium coverage that is suitable for most skin types. Personally I have quite dry/dehydrated skin and this foundation applied well and did not stick to any dry patches on the skin. So far so good! I will keep on wearing it and report back with my further findings.








Kiko Colour fever eyeshadow palette 101 £13.90

This is the eyeshadow palette in the colour 101 Coral Burgundy which according to Kiko is best suited for green or brown eyes. In the shop I saw this and instantly fell in love! I have been after a palette with a burgundy tint for a long time now. The eyeshadow palette can be used with dry or wet application and the shadows are very pigmented. When swatching the shadows, they did come out a lot browner than what I expected. I do have to say that I am a little disappointed as I was really looking for the burgundy shades. Nevertheless I do really like the eyeshadows and they have
a good colour pay off.





Kiko Glamorous eye pencils £4.20

(From Left to right: 407 electric blue, 403
 burnt sienna earth, 409 avio blue,
402 warm brown, 401 golden hazelnut)

These are by far my favourite purchase from Kiko. At £4.20 these are an absolute bargain! There are 16 colours in the collection to choose from and these are waterproof with a 6 hour staying power. The pencils glide on very easily and are lovely and soft when sweeping across the eyelid/waterline. They can be used as an eyeliner or can be smudged to create a soft smokey eye effect. I totally agree with the staying power as these were still on my arm after swatching many hours later!







Long lasting stick 8 hour no-transfer eyeshadow £6.90

Long lasting stick in the shade 37 burgundy
This long lasting stick 8 hour no-transfer eyeshadow was my final purchase from Kiko. I chose this in the shade 37 (burgundy). This is a beautiful reddish brown shadow that is perfect smudged out all over the eyelid, to create a smokey effect. It is definitely more of a shadow stick rather than an eyeliner pencil as it has a thicker applicator which twists up and does not need to be sharpened (bonus!)

Overall I have to say I am thoroughly impressed so far with the Kiko products I have tried and I hope to try more in the future.
http://www.kikocosmetics.co.uk

Thank you for reading
x


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Hart beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig