I Hart beauty

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog with a new post every Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday

Thursday 31 December 2015

My 2015 beauty favourites part 3: It's all about the eyes


It has come to that time in the year where I round up all of my favourite beauty products from the year and try to narrow in down to my absolute favourites. Part one was my favourite foundations and concealers, part 2 was: blushers, bronzers and highlighters and today is part 3: Eyes.
Here is what is coming up next:
Tuesday 5th: Mascara and brows
Thursday 6th: Lips

This is the category that I have the most of, I really am a sucker for a new eye shadow palette and there were many contenders in this category. I've broken it down into palettes, cream shadows, single shadows and eye shadow sticks.

My favourite palettes
There have been so many beautiful releases this year but I've managed to narrow it down to three:

Nars Dual Intensity eye shadow palette
I love Nars products but this one has been one of my most used palettes. The real test for me is if I use all the colours and I have to say this one passed the test. These shadows are very pigmented and work both wet and dry. It even comes with a brush (much better than the rubbish spongey things you get!) This is available at Selfridges for £45 here.

Marc Jacobs the free spirit No. 20 palette
Now, I'm going to apologise now as this was limited edition and has now sold out but as you can see from the photograph, it is utter perfection. I have the Lolita  palette and love it but this is on another level. The eye shadows are so creamy and buttery even though they are in powder form. There are 20 shadows to choose from and I did a full review of this here if you want to swoon over swatches.

Zoeva Cocoa blend palette
Finally, in the palette category is the Zoeva Cocoa blend palette. This is such good value for money at only £15.50! All the colours are so wearable and there are some definite MAC dupes here (I did a post all about it here). If you don't own any Zoeva products I can seriously recommend their brushes too- a brilliant brand to check out if you haven't done already.

Cream shadows
Next up are cream shadows and there isn't any doubt in my mind that the Charlotte Tilbury eyes to mesmerise cream shadows win hands down. Again, a full review here. These are great if you are in a rush as you can apply with your fingers all over the lid and they look great- no creasing and blend beautifully! These are £22 from Charlotte Tilbury.

Eye shadows sticks
There are two products in this category and I'm sure you are not going to be surprised to see another Charlotte Tilbury product here. I really love her Colour Chameleon eye shadow pencils. I have 2 colours: Amber Haze and Bronzed garnet- two firm favourites here. I also love the ByTerry Ombre Blackstar. I own five of these and I can really rely on them lasting and looking great. The only downside is their price- at £29 each these are definitely one to buy with a gift card or indulge points with Space NK.

Single Eye shadow
Now I couldn't leave this baby out because I wear this single shadow so often. As a makeup hoarder, it is very easy to forget single shadows when you have lots of palettes to choose from but this offering from Burberry in the colour Pale Barley is unforgettable. It is the perfect every day shadow, so creamy and beautiful all over the lid. You can see swatches of it here on my blog. This is £23 on feelnique.com.

What have your favourite eye products been this year, I would love to know

Thanks for reading
Katherine
xxx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Hart beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig